Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Do your best and let God do the rest

If you are anything like me, then you get stressed very easily. It's an easy thing to fall back on. Whether it is trying to get good grades, trying to reach out to anyone and everyone, or simply trying to be a good friend, it's easy to feel like you're not doing enough. It's easy to feel stressed while trying to be perfect when you know that you are a sinful being who will never achieve perfection.

I find myself doing that a lot. I want perfect grades. I want to reach out to everyone that I know. I want to be a  perfect friend and sister. But, when I find myself getting stressed out while trying to reach those impossible goals, God gives me a reality check. He reminds me that I'm not perfect. I never will be. And, I don't have to be. He is good. He is perfect. He makes up for where I mess up.

My motto is, "Do your best and let God do the rest." God doesn't expect us to be perfect. All we have to do is give our best effort and glorify Him. Then He has the room to carry out His plan in our lives and others. Whether the outcome looks good or bad in our eyes, He knows what He is doing. We give our best effort, but only He knows His amazing plan for our lives.

But again, our sin sometimes gets in the way. We don't always do our best. We forget things. We are lazy. I saw a quote on Pinterest recently that says, "God's plan is bigger than our mistakes". Don't let this become an excuse to not do your best, but when you do mess up, remember  that God makes good out of all situations. Don't let it get you down, but learn from the mistake and move on.

As I write this, I still have so much to work on when it comes to this area. This is something that I still struggle with. But, I just wanted to share what I have found to help me when I feel stressed and realize that my efforts aren't enough.

Just remember, "Do your best and let God do the rest!"

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, 
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment